Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Women and Makeup

Even at 21, it still bogs my mind why all us women decide to wear so much makeup. Don't get me wrong, I'm not the type of chick who basically matts her face with pounds of foundation, powder, blush, and all that jazz; but I was looking through some of my friends' Facebook pictures and have come to notice that exactly 5 of them put so much makeup on they don't even look the same when it's all washed off.

Let me give you an idea of the intenseness of the situation.

As for me, my daily makeup routine consists of a primer, eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, powder foundation, and if I feel like it, blush.

My 5 girl friends, it seems like they just plaster it all over their faces. In some pictures, I saw five different colors of eyeshadow, tons of foundation (and you can see where they didn't blend it in properly), colored mascara (other than black), and goodness knows what else. When all is said and done, it's getting close to "clown" territory.

Now, there are occasions where that amount of makeup is okay and acceptable (Halloween, any sort of costume party, etc), but come on!

Are we trying to impress ourselves or the opposite sex we so desperately want? When I asked my guy friends what they prefer, they all said "sweats and no makeup." Ladies, that means that makeup either covers up your true beauty or you're trying to boost your own confidence by the amount of makeup you apply to your face.

You know how we always say that if a guy's truck is raised above his tires he is "compensating for something"? Well, it's a similar concept. Do we really need to cover up our true beauty with all that makeup?

I know that I usually only wear makeup if I have to go to work, school, out with my girlfriends, or on a date. Other than that, what's the point?

If we can't feel at home in our own skin, where can we feel at home?

I blame you, men of this world. It's all your fault only because your idea of the perfect female consists of a "model-esq" type girl. Sorry to break it to you, fellas, but that's not how this world works. It's called airbrushing and liposuction, which is what you're going yonkers over.

Anyway, I just thought I'd make a comment about it. Women are beautiful regardless if they wear makeup or not.

Just remember, be classy... not trashy. Guys don't like trashy. Less makeup = more class!

-Fin-

No comments:

Post a Comment